About Me

My photo
I am the luckiest man in the world! I have a beautiful wife and two fantastic boys; on top of this my job is to help People improve their golf. My family and I have just relocated back to Australia where I will be coaching at Sandringham driving range. Oh did I say I love my job! As a golf coach however I haven’t always just taught Elite golfers I have spent many hours teaching varying levels of golfers from Beginners right through to Professionals. I feel I have a lot to offer every golfer and through this blog I will let you know what I am upto as a coach and pass on some helpful information on the way. To book a lesson call +61 395835102

Sunday 17 May 2009

Hit it further than ever before




Learning how to use your legs properly is the key to generating extra clubhead speed and consistency.
At set up our knees should be equally flexed as demonstrated in the picture. However in the backswing as our body rotates our left leg will flex more than at address and our right leg will straighten slightly (right handed golfer). It is a common misconception that the right leg doesn’t straighten in the backswing. However because we bend forward at the hips to play golf when our hips turn in the backswing the right side goes slightly up and the left slightly down in the backswing, as seen in picture two.

No comments: